Friday, November 20, 2009

Smiley Stuff and a Confession

If anyone else out there needs something to make them smile (I've had the flu for almost two weeks), I highly recommend this post, by Laini Taylor.  I already knew Arthur Levine was cool.  He acquired the U.S. rights to the Harry Potter Series and the Chanters of Tremaris Series, and he picked up Laini and Jim's book, Lips Touch (a National Book Award Finalist).  But those pictures are proof that he is the COOLEST EDITOR EVER!

NaNoWriMo Confession:  my word count has been suffering from my need for almost twice as much sleep as usual.  Ugh. I'm halfway there with about a week and a half to go.  I'm still loving my story and characters.  It's funny how my stories never quite turn out the way I think they're going to.

So, I was trying to take a nap with my two-year-old today because we needed one, but every time I said I was going to sleep she giggled and giggled.  She has a contagious giggle, so we spent a half an hour giggling until we were exhausted and went to sleep.

And I realize this is going to date me, but I love the original Star Wars movies.  The Luke interpretation in this video is hilarious.  My kids can sing along with the whole thing.

   



What made you smile today?

No comments:

Post a Comment