I have to share ten things about myself that you probably don't know and pass the award on to five other bloggers.
1. Not only do I listen to opera, I like to sing it, and I am NOT an opera singer. I've also corrupted the next generation; I heard my daughter singing opera in the shower last night.
2. I'm really good at cleaning/digging ditches. I grew up on a farm, and I've had lots of practice. When I was in high school, one of my neighbors had a son he wanted me to go out with. The son saw me out there digging ditch and told his dad he wasn't dating some ditch digger. You can imagine my relief. ;)
3. I helped my parents raise emus and rheas. In fact, the baby rheas thought I was their momma and snuggled in my lap. They were very cute.
4. I taught a female parakeet/budgie to talk (even though the book I learned how to do it from said it was impossible to teach the females to talk. Yes, the book was written by a man).
5. Make-up irritates my eyes. When I do wear it, I end up pulling on my eyelashes. Weird, I know.
6. My dad was a pilot, and he used to let me fly our plane until I'd put it into a spin. Then he'd pull it out and let me at it again. I haven't tried to get my license though. My oldest sister has hers.
7. I bite my nails when I read.
8. I got to swing on vines in Hawaii, when I was a kid.
9. My eyes are such a dark shade of blue that they usually look black in pictures.
10. If there is a phobia of doctors and hospitals, I have it. I joke about being afraid of silly stuff like my dishes, but I have been unreasonably afraid of anything to do with doctors for about the last 13 years. Maybe I'll write about that sometime, but I'm not going there tonight.
And now to pass this on to five bloggers I'd like to know more about:
Tone Almhjell Her writing and images are beautiful.
Sarah Her posts are so interesting, and she is so friendly that it seems like we are already friends.
Krista She has just started interviewing agents on her blog.
Debbie She has excellent taste in writer's blogs and currently attends the university I graduated from. Also, she is giving away books and jewelry. Go and visit her.
Elliah She is my newest follower, and I enjoyed reading her blog so much that I read quite a few of her older posts.
And now, I will compel you to listen to opera. I chose this one because the words make me laugh and because there is a Muppet version.
Let me know which was your favorite in the comments. I'm just kidding. You don't have to listen to it. You should check out the blogs I mentioned though.