Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I just finished my eighth draft (82, 933 words) of TBW and sent it off to critique partners. One of my goals for 2013 is to query agents with it (when it's ready).

I love beginnings, whether it's the beginning of a year, a month, a week, or a day. In the beginning, anything is possible. Beginnings are messy. When I ran track in high school, my coach usually had me run the first leg of our relays, and pulling out in front from the get-go was exhilarating.

Endings have their own charm, the charm of pulling things together and tidying up. They're easier for me to write. Sometimes I catch myself dragging them out (in story and real life) because I'm not ready for closure, and sometimes I can't wait to cross the finish line.

Are you excited to meet 2013? I am. So far, it's been a great year! ;o)


3 comments:

  1. Yay on finishing your 8th draft. :) Sounds like a great way to spend New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had to wait up for Robyn to come home from her dance anyway. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos on finishing and sending off to your readers.

    And yes, I am excited about 2013, too!

    =)

    ReplyDelete