To make myself feel even better, I'm passing on blog awards today.
Thanks, Jackee! Now I have to tell you ten things that make me happy. Here it goes.
1. my kids, especially when they smile at me like I'm the coolest thing in their world
2. my Ben, especially when he does the dishes :o)
4. great books
5. air conditioning
6. music (inspirational and comical)
7. gardening, but not in July and August
9. animals, especially cats and birds (yes, I know they don't mix well)
10. writing (including submissions and contracts, but not rejections)
I'm bequeathing (because sometimes you just feel like bequeathing, you know?) this one to the following happy people:
Al ('cause he has happy news)
Carrie Harris (because yesterday she gave me happy news, and the girl, she makes me laugh)
Shelley (because her books and blog posts make me happy)
Sarah (because I'm happy she's back)
And Stina (because she has a dancing turkey on her blog today)
This one has been around for a while, and it used to have requirements that went with accepting it. Here's the post where I fulfilled the requirements. I'm passing it on to these "fabulous" bloggers:
For me, sending off another submission or starting a new project takes the sting out of a rejection. How do you deal with rejection?