Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MIDNIGHT IN AUSTENLAND Winner

First of all, I want to thank everyone who entered this contest. Reading your comments made me smile. I felt like I could relate to each of you, whether you wanted to design your own fabric or learn to draw or play a musical instrument or slam dunk a basketball. I let Daxton pick the winner out of a bowl this time, and he chose Pica (who wants to learn a new language). So, Pica, please e-mail me your address, and I'll order your copy. Hopefully it will get there by the release date.

Thanks again, everyone! I really hope that you go after the dreams you listed in your comments. And I hope you get your hands on a copy of Shannon Hale's MIDNIGHT IN AUSTENLAND. It's wonderful. :o)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I plan to get a copy! It does sound wonderful. Congratulations, Pica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have been busy packing for California when you posted the contest :) Congratulations, Pica! I really enjoyed Austenland, Myrna, and I'm happy to hear that Midnight in Austenland is a delightful read. I hope you keep enjoying the piano. I went after a dream earlier this month when I finished applying to MFA programs for painting. I never thought I'd actually do it, and I still can't believe I managed to pull together a big enough body of work. It's a good feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think it's wonderful that you did it! I love your paintings.

      Delete
    2. Thank you :) I can't wait to share more of them later.

      Delete