Monday, October 26, 2009

Change

I'm changing the name of my blog, but the URL is the same.  I usually write at night (when my kiddos are asleep), and  I always did intend for this to be a writing journal of sorts.  After all, most of the blogs I read are writer's blogs.  I started with Shannon Hale's wonderful squeetus. It was the only blog I read for quite a while.  Every now and then, I followed links to other blogs(Q, Squeaky Books, Miss Erin, ect.)  because I liked their comments.  Then Shannon included a link to Not for Robots, and I started reading Laini Taylor's blog.  I discovered Stephanie through Laini, and so on.

I really haven't posted anything on my writing.  I'm finding it just as hard to write about as it is for me to talk about.  Have any of you ever had one of those awkward conversations where you try to explain what or why you are writing?  I love this list of Shannon Hale's.  I could so relate.
But I am going to write about writing.  After all, it's not there are a ton of people reading this. My only follower doesn't seem like the kind of person who will laugh at me for being delusional.  

My wee tyrant just fell asleep.  I let her sleep in this morning because I had this really great scene pop into my head right after I sent the other two off to school.  I got most of it written before she woke up too.  Ben was teasing me about turning into a morning writer, and that's when Night Writer came to me.  The fact that it sounds like Night Rider is just a bonus.  I used to watch the show when I was a kid, but I haven't seen any of the newer adaptations.

Anywho, I'd better go find out what happens next in the hole I'm trying to fill.  I'm most of the way through the second draft of a supernatural YA fantasy.  No, there aren't any vampires.  And here I am, writing about writing, when I should be writing.



And speaking of change, my oldest has been 11 for almost 24 hours.  What a crazy, fun day!  

3 comments:

  1. Duly changed on my sidebar.

    And, no, I would not think you are delusional. You have nothing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name Night Writer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Q!

    Hi Nina! I like Terry Pratchett and Jane Austen too.

    ReplyDelete