To accept, I have to tell six lies and one truth about myself. See if you can spot the truth, and I'll 'fess up in my next post. ;)
1. I finished my third draft. LOVE IT!
2. November 20, 2004, I placed third in my division in the Valley of Fire Marathon. It's the only marathon I've ever run.
3. Remember the poem you wished me luck with at the bottom of this post? I found a contract from Highlights in my mailbox today. I love the way they word their contracts. Having someone tell you they're "delighted" to buy your poem never gets old.
4. It's taken me three days to go through all of the piles, but right now, my house looks fantastic.
5. My dad had me behind the controls of an airplane, teaching me how to fly before he taught me how to drive. My family's a bit odd that way. My dad flew his first cross country solo when he was ten-years-old.
6. I scored an ARC (advance reader copy) of PARANORMALCY, by Kiersten White. I'll hold a contest to pass it on when Ben and I are done reading it. I'm so excited to read this book!
7. My two-year-old has a pet snake.
I'd like to give this award to Holly at Scribbles and Splashes and the
funny fellas at SAD Videos. Thanks, Al! I had way to much fun making up whoppers!
Actually, I have two more awards to dish out. Jackee at Winded Words gave me the Blogger Buddy award. Thanks, Jackee! *hugs*
And Faith Elizabeth Hough gave me the Sweet Blog Award.
But speaking of sweet blogs, how many of you already follow
Nathan Hale's? He writes and illustrates picture books (among other
things), and there's always something entertaining happening on his
blog. They're sequential though, so you want to scroll down and find
the beginning. My kids and I read this blog together. No fibbing!