Friday, July 16, 2010

Contest Winner and Nutella Recipe

First, Krista interviews agents on her blog every week, and this week's agent is Kate Testerman, the agent who signed Stephanie Perkins. It's a great interview. Krista also links to all of her past interviews in her sidebar.

Second, after my interview with Stephanie, I went looking for a banana Nutella crepe recipe. I haven't made it yet, but this one includes a recipe for Nutella. If you have a jar of Nutella, the rest of the recipe looks easy, but a recipe for Nutella. I know: focus, Myrna, focus.

But have you TRIED Nutella? The first time I had it, I was having afternoon tea with my cousins and their friends in Switzerland, the summer before I started high school. We spread it on Petit-Beurre biscuits, and this is still my favorite way to eat the spread. Though I can never find the french biscuits here, there are latino equivalents (or near equivalents). Our local grocery store carries Gamesa's Marias for less than a dollar a package. I also like Nutella with bananas.

I would love for you to tell me your favorite way to eat Nutella in the comments. Sil vous plait.

And now, the contest winner is …

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Molly gave me permission to use this twitpic she made. Isn't it perfect?



(But I have to tell you: all three of my children were intrigued by the amount of time I spent cutting paper into strips and writing names on the bitty entries today. They wanted to help, so I let each of them pick three papers, and then I picked the winner from the ones they picked.)

 … Molly!

The crazy thing: she made the picture, and I asked her permission to use it before I drew her name. And no, I don't know her at all. She just left a link in her comment.

Congratulations, Molly! Thank you, everyone, for entering and for your lovely comments about our interviews and the books. I hope you all read and enjoy them!

BTW - I won't be around the blogosphere much for the next week. My husband's little sister is getting married on Tuesday, and their parents are coming home from Prague for a week. We're exited to see them. And my laptop is having issues. I'm hoping to get it fixed soon.

Have a great weekend!

20 comments:

  1. Yay for Molly! And yay for agent interviews! And yay for in-laws coming home from Prague for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Molly! And thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you're welcome, Molly! You must have beat my post by like a second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- AND my favorite way to eat Nutella is either with pretzels, or with bananas on toast. Yum! (Of course crepes are fantastic too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat peanut butter with bananas on toast. You'd think I would have tried it with Nutella by now. It's great on homemade bread too. Thanks, Molly!

    And yay for Krista! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially when the bread is warm and toasty- it's fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my opinion, nutella does not get better than when it's on white toast. Which means there is no real nutritional value (wheat toast would be better for you), but it's so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Q! I haven't tried that either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winner! :)

    I love Nutella. My sister-in-law makes awesome crepes that we fill with Nutella. Mmmm. But the best Nutella recipe I've ever eaten is where you take Pillsbury croissants, put a small spoonful of Nutella, and a few slices of banana, wrap it up and bake it. I can't remember what they're called, but oh, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a feeling I had Nutella on toast as a little girl in England...

    Thanks for stopping by my random questions blog party!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great visit and a wonderful time at the wedding! And congrats to Molly! And I'm afraid I haven't tried Nutella, but my sister always has it at her house. I'll have to try it the next time we visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Molly. Enjoy the wedding and visit with the family. This is the first time I've heard of Nutella, itsounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Molly.

    When I first tasted Nutella, I wondered why I didn't eat it sooner. There's a restaurant nearby that does nutella and strawberry cones (and other variations of fruit) and I'm going to try them out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, Molly! I admit I'm sorely jealous, but I'll deal.

    Have a great week with the in-laws, Myrna! We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Molly! I hope you have buckets of fun with these books :)

    And the picture and then the winning? Yay for fun coincidences!

    My favorite way to eat Nutella was how I did it with a few friends when I was in Florence in January (Italy stories I have yet to post, gasp!): We dipped slices of clementines in a jar of the stuff. Oddly yummy. Congratulations on the family and wedding hullabaloo--I hope it's a great week, and that your laptop is friendly again soon :)

    ReplyDelete