Friday, July 2, 2010

It's Raining Cupcakes

I won a copy of IT'S RAINING CUPCAKES, by Lisa Schroeder, from Lisa and Laura a while back, and it warrants a recommendation. This middle grade novel is a delicious combination of baking, important relationships, art, and wanting. The main character wants to travel, and she wants her mom … well, I think I'll let you read that part. I loved the characters. The plot was flawless, and it's been kid tested and approved by Robyn and two of my nieces.

I haven't tried either of the recipes in the back yet, but I will. I'm thinking the author should write a companion cookbook because each of the chapters has it's own cupcake, and then there's, THE recipe. You'll know what I mean, if you read it.

Anywho, I'm not willing to give up my copy of IT'S RAINING CUPCAKES, but Shannon Messenger is giving away a signed one on her blog.

14 comments:

  1. HaHaHa "I'm not willing to give up my copy" I wouldn't either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an absolute delight! Rushing over to Goodreads to add it to my to read shelf! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks adorable. Thanks for the good review, Myrna. Makes me want to buy it even more!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, between your blog and Shannon's, it's no wonder I'm getting a craving for cupcakes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendation, Myrna. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great read.

    Btw, I have an award for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win. Sounds like a fun book!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, cupcakes. I think I'm hungry right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a cute book. Congrats on winning it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you think Denver would enjoy reading it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Vicki, I think he would. Denver likes to bake. As long as he doesn't have an aversion to reading books from a girl's point of view or books that are blatantly pink, he'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, that sounds cute and cool at the same time. And the title itself can vouch for the sweetness of the book :) I'll definitely put it on my to-read list...thanks for letting us know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks adorable! Thanks for the tip :) Also, I remember you recommending the movie How to Train Your Dragon awhile back, and you were right--I just went with a friend and it's sooo cute, funny, smart, action-packed, and kinda deep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're welcome, Maya!

    And Sarah, thanks for telling me you liked the movie! I don't recommend movies very often.

    ReplyDelete