Friday, July 30, 2010

Random Answers

First, I want to thank everyone who asked questions. I've decided to split the answers into two parts: random questions and writing/story questions. I also want to thank Krista, Q, Sue, and Susan for volunteering information about themselves. I've never made a chocolate souffle, and now I need to watch The Return of the King - at least the part where Eowyn challenges the Lord of the Nazgul. But I'm getting distracted. I was about to give you some random answers.


Krista asked, "Who is your favorite Muppet?

While I post more videos featuring Beaker,


my favorite would be Gonzo.



Q asked, "If you were a kitchen utensil, which would you be?"

Our freshman year of college, we actually had a poster over our couch that featured our personified utensils. Mine was the whip. It's versatile, and nothing does sauce quite like a whip. ;o)


Storyqueen asked, "Cake or pie?"

Pie, especially now that peaches are in season, I love peach custard pie.


Jackee said, "Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I've one: How did you meet your husband?"

This is actually a fascinating story (blood, ER, late-night card games, love triangles), but it's long, and I'm not willing to post the whole thing on the internet (because it involves people I want to still like me). To make a long story short, it all started with a dare (that involved me) and a passing flirtation (that did not). I became friends with Ben's cousin/roommate that night because he said something to me in Spanish as I was leaving, and I answered him. It's funny how something so small can affect your whole life. If Jeff hadn't said those six words in Spanish, we wouldn't have become friends, and I doubt I'd have ever met Ben. That would have been a shame. It's been almost 13 years since the night I met his cousin, and we'll have been married for 12 in December.



Sue asked, "Question for you is, since you like Coldplay, what do you think of Gwynneth Paltrow, the lead singer's spouse?"

I'm afraid I don't know enough about her to have an opinion. I'm terrible with most celebrities.

Emily asked, "So did you name your baby after Gwynneth Paltrow?"

No, Gwenyth is an old family name on Ben's side of the family. His mom's dad was Welsh.

She also asked, "And...how come you are so amazing??!! :)"

Is this where I confess to stealing magical vegetables* from your garden? No, you may not have my first born, but you're welcome to borrow her. :o)

Al asked, "Did you think you would get any questions you couldn't or wouldn't answer?"

No, but I could have spent an entire post or more answering each of Jackee's questions. That said, I'm happy with the questions that were asked and grateful to all of you for caring. Thank you!

*Emily has an AMAZING garden with gigantic vegetables, but I don't have to steal them. She shares.

18 comments:

  1. I’ve never had peach custard pie. I’ll have to go out in search of it or find a good recipe. Gonzo is crazy! The photo of the two of you is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know about Gwynneth is that she has a website that seems to take a lot of heat from the public...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun answers. And I agree with Holly - the picture of you and Ben is adorable:) (When was it taken?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are the cutest couple!!!

    And my daughter just made the BEST peach pie in the world last week.

    Great answers!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Holly! If you have trouble finding a recipe, I can e-mail you mine. Make sure you use fresh peaches. I used frozen ones once.

    You're making me curious, Sue.

    Thanks, Krista! We had the picture taken a few months before we got married, and we joked about using it as our announcement photo.

    Thanks, Shelley! Hurray for daughters who make pie! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was older, but you, Myrna dahling, haven't aged a day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! So, what are you saying about Ben, Krista? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the random answers! There are so many great parts of Return of the King, I'm not even sure which is my favorite. Now I'm going to have to rewatch it again, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love peaches, and I love custard, but I've never had them together. Sounds wonderful!
    I would love to hear your "How I met Ben" story in full sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want homegrown, magic vegetables too! Thanks for answering our questions. But just so you know, I'm like Cinnamon and not satisified with the "how I met Ben" answer. :o) Perhaps another time we'll all learn more!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops--I'll have to ask questions next time :)

    And what fun questions and answers :) I think Gwyneth is a fantastic name, and I hope you get some peach custard pie soon. While I'd love to hear the full "How I met Ben" story like Cinnamon and Jackee, the short version has enough details to be entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was fun to read and those videos brought back wonderful childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're welcome, Susan!

    We really should get together sometime, Cinnamon. Ben and Chad used to play racquetball, but we haven't done anything since before we got married. It's peach season. I could bring pie.

    Jackee, if I ever get the story typed up, I'll e-mail it to you. It really is a long story, if I do it justice, though.

    Thanks, Sarah. You can ask questions anytime, and I'll try to answer them. :o)

    I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Medeia. Thanks for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE! I *loved* your whip answer. And I didn't know Gwynneth Paltrow was married to the Coldplay lead. Makes me like her a bit more than I did before I read your blog, lol. And you got my hopes there for a second that you liked Beaker. Gonzo's pretty good. but Beaker was hysterical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love Beaker, Ali. Most of the videos I've posted have featured him, but Gonzo's been my favorite since I was a kid. I have a thing for the underdog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the picture, you two are a darling couple! Great and Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Myrna...you seriously are the BEST!!

    Such a talented gal. I think you are wonderful!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally went, "AWWWW!" while reading your last answer!

    And peach custard pie sounds amazing right now... :)
    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete