Krista gave me an award.
So, here's where I tell you five things about myself and pass on the award on to five more bloggers.
1. I leave a lot of the details out when I'm writing my first draft. This Animanics song gives a very thorough run-down of the senses. In fact, they're a little too thorough. I don't use all of these, but it's a great song.
2. My parents wanted me to be a veterinarian because I had a knack for taking care of sick, injured, or rejected (mothers will sometimes reject their babies and refuse to take care of them) animals. They saw my success with the animals that lived, but I had a hard time getting over the ones who died. I think I would have enjoyed working as a field biologist though.
3. We get a lot of wildlife through our yard and even inside our house. It's a lot of fun. We prefer that they stay outside though. One time, I'd pulled my baby out of the bath and was about to put her pajamas on her when I noticed a tiny bark scorpion hiding in the fold of her pajama shirt. Scary. I've found five of the little buggers in our house since we moved here. Here's a picture of a king snake in our front yard.
4. I haven't taken down our Christmas tree. I'm hoping that admitting this publicly will shame me into doing it.
5. I don't think I've ever been as excited to see a movie as I am to see Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland."
Is anyone else out there excited to see this?
And now, five stylish bloggers:
1. Stephanie Perkins - seriously, her blog is fabulous. Check out the design, and, while you're there, you might as well check out her new book cover and author photo as well.
2. Em's blog is beautiful and funny, and her new baby is dang cute.
3. Shelley has dragons and writing advice. What more could you want?
4. Q's design reminds me of chocolate mint ice cream. Yum! And, not only was she my first follower, she answered my blog design questions.
5. Southpaw captures gorgeous bits of nature and shares them on her blog.