Thursday, September 22, 2011

Eavesdropping

Enna Isilee announced the winners to her birthday bash. If you follow this link, you can watch her video and wish her a happy birthday.

She's actually the first blogging friend I met in real life, which is pretty funny, considering the fact that she blogs under a pseudonym and never posts pictures of herself. My sisters, two of my nieces and I went up to Salt Lake for a Shannon Hale signing. So, we were waiting in line, when I noticed a girl with a copy of Laini Taylor's SILKSINGER. Technically, it wasn't even supposed to be out yet, but sometimes Amazon ships early. I'd just picked up mine at the post office the day before and hadn't had a chance to read it. The Girl with the Book was there with a friend, and, being the eavesdropper that I am, I overheard them discussing online-type stuff. The Girl with the Book went back to reading, and I introduced myself to her friend, confessed to eavesdropping, and asked her which book blogger she was. Sure enough, I'd been reading both of their blogs. That was two years ago. The three of us got together again for lunch in April.

The moral to this story is: freely confess your faults to strangers. They like it. ;)

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Haha, too funny. Great way to make new friends though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute story!! I was so excited when I realized one of the bloggers I follow lives in my town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool story, Myrna. I wish I'd had more time when I was in UT and could have met up with you!

    Have you read Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bones yet? Sooo good. I just put up my review:) www.bookreadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read it, Kelly, but I will. It just barely came out, and this week, I went back to work and started coaching soccer. Do you read Laini's blog. I loved the last post I read. "Don't worry. The wind will blow it." Sometimes the things she writes cause small explosions in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pabkins, I had something similar happen with a blogger in the next town over. Happy, happy find. :o)

    ReplyDelete